Keeping people updated on the twins' progress...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

NST and Doctor's appointment

This morning I went to the hospital at 10:00 am for another NST. Doug took the morning off from work to come with me. The babies were very active this morning and weren't so happy about having the monitors on - they kept moving and kicking making it a real challenge to keep them on the monitors. So we were there a bit longer this time, but they finally cooperated long enough to get a consistent enough strip. The nurses need to see two heartbeat accelerations per baby in a ten minute time frame. We finally got this accomplished with both Doug and I holding the monitors on the babies so they didn't keep "jumping" off them. As the nurse checked us out she commented that they are very active babies!

From the NST we went to the doctor's office for our appointment. Our doctor was happy with the NST results and how I am measuring (36 centimeters). Since I am having more contractions we will start seeing him weekly to make sure we keep a close eye on how I'm doing and to watch carefully for preterm labor.

We go in to the doctor again tomorrow for another ultrasound. At this point in a twin pregnancy, he said that he likes to do an ultrasound scan every 3-4 weeks or so to make sure the babies are still growing well.

Next week I begin my twice weekly NSTs.

That's all for now, I'll post an update after the ultrasound tomorrow - maybe even include some pictures!

No comments: